Some said it couldn’t be done. Some said it wouldn’t be done. Others were strangely silent and voiced no opinion on it. But it’s happened again – Thursday saw the record for the biggest attendance in a single session broken again – 67!
It’s not the club’s sole aim to get the most runners down that we can of course, but we all know the physical and mental well-being benefits that running brings (especially with others), and the more people we can share that with the better. As you all know we’re Doncaster’s friendliest running club, with continually low fees, and now we’re in a great new location with all the facilities we could need, so how long will it be until we have 70, 80, or even more coming down?!
If you’ve stumbled across the site looking for a running club, what more reason do you need to come down and give us a try? We have:
- 2 organised sessions a week with qualified run leaders
- A members-only Facebook group with a thriving social scene where you can organise as many other runs as you can find people to run with
- Club attendances at many races (road league, cross country, club championship races, etc.) so if you want to race you’ll never be alone!
- Numerous social events throughout the year – away runs, club socials, Xmas/Birthday events
- Discounts and benefits with local (and some national) running equipment and physiotherapy suppliers
All for the princely sum of £27 a year!